Yulia & Juliet is contemporary love story based on Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet.
Yulia and Juliet, both 16, are locked up in a closed juvenile detention centre. Despite their circumstances, they feel like they can take on anything together. They’re in love with each other. Nothing can hurt them when they’re together.But then Juliet is released. Her time in the institution is over. Yulia doesn’t know what to do. She can’t live without Juliet. When they see each other again, they look at each other with love in their eyes. Then everything goes black.
Color, 12 min, fiction, drama, LGBT.
Director: Zara Dwinger
Screenplay by: Jolein Laarman
Producers: Erik Glijnis, Leontine Petit
Cinematography: Douwe Hennink
Editor: Fatih Tura
Sound design: Tijn Hazen
Composers: Ella van der Woude & Juho Nurmela
Production Design: Tim Balk
International Première: Berlinale Generation 14+ 2019
- Nederlands Film Festival 2018, debut competition, The Netherlands.
- Internationales Film Festival Berlin 2019, Generation 14+, Germany
- Go Short International short Film Festival 2019, Dutch competition, The Netherlands
- Zinegoak int. LGBT Film Festival 2019, international competition, Spain.
- Roze Filmdagen 2019, Dutch competition, The Netherlands
- International Film Festival Assen 2019, KersVers competition, The Netherlands.